Cannot remove "read only" attribute

From: Bob Springer (bob_at_springersystems.com)
Date: 09/21/03

Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:01:06 -0700

I am running a Win XP system that I tried to add
permissions in order to restrict access for some users.
The system would not let me gain access to any of the
folders even though I had Administrator rights. I did a
system Restore to before setting up permissions. It did no
good. I cannot remove the read only privilidges from the
folders. You can clear the checkmark but it comes back.
I'm lost! Any advice?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Personal Media Drive
    ... You restrict access by assigning permissions to drives, folders and files. ... Additionally, rather than using Deny permissions, uncheck the Allow box for the user's that you wish to restrict access to your files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: File Permission - Help please
    ... You restrict access by assigning permissions to drives, folders and files. ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ...
  • Re: enquiries
    ... You restrict access by assigning permissions to drives, folders and files. ... Disable Simplified Sharing and Password-Protect a Shared Folder in Windows XP ...
  • Re: How can I restrict access to our network?
    ... Can someone verify that if I am going to set NTFS permissions what user ... > So re-ghosted the errant machine and rebuilt all our files and adopted ... > again to restrict access by the forth computer. ...
  • RE: NTFS Security
    ... I am looking at securing some USB memory sticks, to allow all domain users ... but to restrict access from non-domain ... Going one step further and setting special permissions deny take ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)