Re: NEW - Security Flaw In Windows XP... (and 2000/2003)

From: Bob H (ylp17410_at_comcast.net)
Date: 09/12/03

Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 14:09:30 GMT

Actually Microsoft DID NOT discover the additional vulnerability. It was uncovered by independent security groups.

But THEY SHOULD HAVE!!

Bob

"Marc Liron" <mliron@msn.com> wrote in message news:09c401c37911$c76250e0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
:
: Hi,
:
: My site has been receiving a lot of email about the new
: security vulnerability to users of XP (and NT4/2000/2003)
:
: Some of the folks writing to me are confused about this
: issue as it relates to the flaw in XP's DCOM/RPCSS
: services.
:
: Microsoft have already issued a patch under KB823980 for
: a known security threat. (Those that did not apply this
: patch are the ones who were hit by the MSBlaster worm!)
:
: However, Microsoft have discovered THREE more flaws that
: could lead to another similar worm attacking tens of
: thousands of users!
:
: Users need to patch their systems against any potential
: Threat exploiting these new DCOM/RPCSS flaws.
:
: I have posted the following article in response to the
: amount of interest in this subject.
:
: The new patch is under KB824146 - released 10th Sept 2003
:
: http://www.updatexp.com/kb824146.html
:
: