Re: Locked out due to Security Policy

From: William Sanders (williamrsanders_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/01/03

Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 05:19:39 -0700

Try booting up in safe mode.

didn't
>changed any security settings. I suspect a hacker may
>have got into his laptop and change the policy and
>password. I don't want to reinstall XP Pro and loose all
>emails and address book. Please help.
>
>Steve

my
>>> system remotely I have locked all users out of the
>system.
>>> I have now created a scenario were by each time I
>attempt
>>> to logon under any user including administrator I
>recieve
>>> the following message. "The Local Policy of This
System
>>> Does Not Permit You to Logon Interactively"
>>> I have attempted running the restore panel and
copying
>the
>>> files from the repair directory to the system dir
with
>no
>>> luck My only other option I can see currently is
>>> installing xp on a partiton and copying all data over.
>>> does any one have any better ideas?
>>>
>>> Kind Regards
>>> Richard Smith
>>

>>.
>>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logon problems with networked laptop
    ... Thanks for the password cracking utility, ... Obviously, the laptop screen/wallpaper has ... To access the built-in Administrator account press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice ... Or reinstall Windows if you can't logon. ...
  • Re: Logon problems with networked laptop
    ... The password that you now need to access the laptop is the password for the Local Administrator account. ... To access the built-in Administrator account press Ctrl+Alt+Del twice and the logon screen. ... I am the administrator of my workgroup, but I do not know the administrator passwords for the domain associated with work, I am thinking this is the one I would need. ...
  • Re: Locked out due to Security Policy
    ... I have a similar problem with my client's laptop. ... You to Logon Interactively". ... >and set its NTFS permissions to Deny Full Control ... >> to logon under any user including administrator I ...
  • Re: Prevent logon locally for domain PC
    ... I would like them to have administrative right, but yet only can logon ... I created for them as the administrator of their own laptop, ... can use that domain account to reset the local user password. ...
  • Re: Locked out due to Security Policy
    ... Administrator account? ... and set its NTFS permissions to Deny Full Control ... to the User Right that change the logon rights. ... > to logon under any user including administrator I recieve ...