Re: 822925 Cum IE Patch causes problem with XP built in admin account

From: HiMan (PleaseReply_at_ToForum.invalid)
Date: 08/27/03

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:20:45 +0200

"andy" <duckati@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
news:027201c36c6e$539aeb90$a001280a@phx.gbl...
> Thanks for the update HiMan,
>
> I'll have to have a look at these files on my machine to
> see if the same has occurred! I wonder what Microsoft
> would say about this? Do they know there may be a problem??

Hi Andy,

the versions the patch should give you are listed here
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822925
They differ depending on your version of IE and are installed in the
%Windir%\System32 folder.

I use Internet Explorer 6 SP1 (32-Bit) for Windows XP SP1.

Compared to the number of people probably installing this patch, not many
seem to post having a problem. And it has me stumped why it only messes up
my built in admin account, whereas another admin account and a normal user
account is not affected.

I'm sure curious, if you got the "right" files!

--
HiMan

Relevant Pages

  • Solution? 822925 Cum IE Patch causes problem with XP built in admin account
    ... Downloaded the patch to my hard drive. ... >put all drives in restricted zone, ... >Another existing admin account can be used just fine, ... >installing the patch. ...
  • Re: 822925 Cum IE Patch causes problem with XP built in admin account
    ... >> Thanks for the update HiMan, ... >the versions the patch should give you are listed here ... >Compared to the number of people probably installing ... >my built in admin account, ...
  • Re: KB918899 fails to install
    ... I have net access. ... Switch the progam file folder back to ... Have you tried installing it manually while logged in as ... and the Admin Account i created. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: 822925 Cum IE Patch causes problem with XP built in admin account
    ... >>> Have you installed all of the latest criticals via Windows Update? ... >>> Do you disable your anti-virus application prior to installing ... E.g. also from built in admin account, ... that My Computer shows up as being in the My Computer zone, ...
  • Re: KB918899 fails to install
    ... Forgot to mention this in previous post, and i couldn't cancel it intime ... Have you tried installing it manually while logged in as Administrator ... then at the end it says setup canceled. ... I am the Admin on the systen and was in the admin account. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)