Local user database is corrupt

From: Paul (firebird_at_homemail.com)
Date: 08/26/03

Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 17:56:09 +0200

I'm trying to set up a VPN on a XP Pro through the "new connection
wizard". I use "advanced connection" - "accept incomming connections"
- skipping the next window -"allow virutal private connections". Then
the error message "An internal error has occured: The local user
database handle is corrupt" occurs, accepting this shows the User
Permissions window without any users and I'm unable to add any.

The computer is set up with some users both users, power users and
admins.

I have searched the knowledge base without any luck.

Paul

Relevant Pages

  • RE: message after start up, got worse
    ... Connections>> Double click Internet Options. ... Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option: ... and make sure you check mark all boxes in the new Pop-up window. ... the Update error message it could refer to ...
  • Re: Error in intialization
    ... Leonard Grey ... infection of sorts: buggy screensaver software. ... Is the error message explained in more detail in Event Viewer? ... a small window will open which reads 'Error in initialization ...
  • Re: Error in intialization
    ... infection of sorts: buggy screensaver software. ... Is the error message explained in more detail in Event Viewer? ... a small window will open which reads 'Error in initialization ...
  • RE: Cannot access Control Panel due to......
    ... through Window XP user guide book, ... On how to disable the Add-ons follow this: ... Have a look in the Event Viewer for error messagesthat can shed some ... Look in the right Pane/window for error message with red or Yellow ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Update download window hangs
    ... "Gary Vivian" wrote in message ... The error message seems self-evident. ... One possibility is that if you followed the suggestion to use WordPad ... window and tried to enter IEreg.bat there, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)