Re: Security patch MS03-026 update

From: Larry Samuels MS-MVP XP \(Shell/User\) (larry_at_mvps.org)
Date: 08/26/03

Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:35:56 -0400

You Cannot Install Updates or You Are Prompted to Install Updates That You
Have Already Installed

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822798

--
Larry Samuels MS-MVP  (Windows-Shell/User)
Associate Expert
"Dan Maxwell" <danmax@siriustelecom.com> wrote in message
> I do my Windows Update everyday.  I have now downloaded
> MS03-026 six times.  Every time I do my updates, it tells
> me to download this patch.  Somehow it is not seeing that
> I have already downloaded and installed the update.  When
> I look at the download history it shows each time I have
> downloaded as successful.
>
> Many thanks for your thoughtful feedback.
>
> Dan Maxwell

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Downloading all updates after SP2
    ... > Is it possible to down load ALL the updates after SP2 in one hit. ... > there was an awful lot of updates to install (I stopped counting at ... > Where can i go to download all of the updates (i have a list from ... > Windows Update that i printed off before i abandoned the update on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Scary & disturbing re updates to XP (& Win2k) - spoofs, pop-ups, etc.
    ... stage of the Windows install, that's right, it was infected before XP was ... If you DO download them with the infected system make sure to ... from downloading antivirus apps, updates, or firewalls; ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Are security updates available for saving to CD
    ... > Is it possible to get the post sp2 service updates downloaded so I ... better informed about your options when it comes to the Windows Updates. ... Direct Download of Service Pack 2 for Windows XP ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to a ...
  • Re: Windows xp (Home Edition) updates. Yes or no???
    ... >> downloading rhese updates. ... >And then going another level and explain the specific "additions" to Windows ... > Why you should use a computer firewall.. ... >and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: XP update question
    ... - Check your hardware vendors web sites for updated drivers ... Are you ready to download Windows XP Service Pack 2? ... Patches and Updates! ...