Re: Network Login format

From: KEN PINARD (pinard_at_verizon.net)
Date: 08/18/03

Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 05:19:07 GMT

The problem is there is no domain drop down list. The Windows XP login
prompt says to enter the domain and username in the username field. The
question is what is the format to get it recognized?

Ken

"Bruce Staehle" <Bruce@nospamsenexet.com> wrote in message
> If I understand your question correctly, the usename field us where you
> put in the name of a user that's in the Active Directory database on a
> domain controller (assuming it's a Win2K or 2003 domain). For domain,
> you can use the drop down menu to select any domains that you are a
> member of or that are trusted by your domain.
>
> In most cases you can also log on by just putting your User Principle
> Name in the logon box (e.g., jdoe@mydomain.com where jdoe is the user
> name in the domain)
> -Bruce
>
> Ken Pinard wrote:
>
> > I have a Win2k Server (say mydomain.com on myserver for names)
> >

> > I want to log onto the net at the login prompt.
> >

> > The login prompt asks for the username and domain. What is the format
> > for this? I can't find any documentation about it.
> >

> > Thank you,
> >

> > Ken

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Password Change Problem
    ... >can't access any network services (Outlook, ... she gets a login prompt with her SBS2000 ... >username and domain filled in, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Multiple access problems after login to domain
    ... receives a prompt to login for access to the server. ... The username you typed is the same as the username ...
  • Re: Username and Password Prompts
    ... If they enter username and password for domain ... credentials they are fine but I would rather not have it prompt at ...
  • Re: Help deleting password?
    ... Go to the login page. ... Double-click in the username field. ... websites that prompt for a user name/pass. ... Open IE, select tools, Internet Options, Content, Autocomplete. ...
  • Re: Live 365
    ... Yes the login is thru' the VIP button ... You need to type out your username with the remote and then move to the ... username field and select it with the OK button to get the username in ... is the login thru the VIP sign up/login button? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)