Re: I am unable to use my computer...

From: Jupiter Jones [MVP] (jones_jupiter_at_hotnomail.com)
Date: 08/16/03

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 16:25:30 -0600

Jerome;
The password is Case Sensitive.
Check Caps Lock and try various of Capital combinations.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321305
If you do not have a Password Recovery Disk, it is to late to make it.
Or
Log in to any account that has Administrator access.
Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel.
Select the user and change the password.

Reboot to Safe Mode, select Administrator, leave password blank.
Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel.
Select the user and change the password.
If you are using Windows XP Pro and have encrypted data, you may
permanently lose access to the encrypted data.

Here is another option:
http://www.wininternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/index.asp

Another option is to install Windows XP on another partition and take
Ownership of your data.
You could also perform another installation on the same partition,
although this is not a permanent fix and it is recommended to perform
a Clean Installation after retrieving your data.

After this is resolved, take precautions to not lose the password.

--
Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:
"Jerome Bridgeforth" <Obilonce@aol.com> wrote in message

> I have forgotten my Administrator password. And i have
> not able use my master account in a month. I just bought
> my computer and i did not make a password recovery desk,
> nore did i write it down. I ahve been looking for help
> every where!!! I really need soem help. I have a guest
> account i have been useing, but it dosen't alow me to do
> anything aboutthe problem.
>
> Thank everybody who replies.
>

>                                        Jerome Bridgeforth

Relevant Pages

  • Re: lost administrator password
    ... >Log in to any account that has Administrator access. ... >Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... >permanently lose access to the encrypted data. ... >> rights under any other account. ...
  • Re: My computer FORGOT MY PASSWORD!
    ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... If you are using Windows XP Pro and have encrypted data, ... Another option is to install Windows XP on another partition and take ... > mad that I put a password on the normal account and made ...
  • Re: forgot password
    ... Log in to any account that has Administrator access. ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... If you are using Windows XP Pro and have encrypted data, ... > rights. ...
  • Re: forgot administrator password
    ... Reboot to Safe Mode, select Administrator, leave password blank. ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... If you are using Windows XP Pro and have encrypted data, ... > account that was set up for a friend, but, I gave him ...
  • Re: Secure Logon and Windows Help Instructions
    ... Windows XP HELP indicates that Secure Logon can be turned on and off by ... the ADVANCED tab in User Accounts. ... and the computer can't be configured to log on an account automatically. ... I notice that I have an "Administrator" account ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)