The Remote Procedure Call (RPC) terminated unexpectedly

From: Jeff G (ItaL_Shootz_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/13/03

Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 19:28:24 -0700

I am getting a System Shutdown error message very
frequently on my computer. I have been unable to fix this
poblem, and I don't know how to fix this problem. This
error message reads are follows: "The system is shutting
down. Please save any work in programs and log off. Any
unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated
by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM." After this message it gives me
60 seconds until the computer will be restarted. Then
below this, it says: "Windows must now restart because
the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service terminated
unexpectedly." Please help me out on how I can fix this
problem.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: LOGIN: ERROR-Failed to initialize policy manager
    ... giving this error message when the 67th user logged on. ... technical article which helped me fix this. ... > Interestingly I can fix it by killing the child ifor_pmd process. ... > But when I restart the system, this problem reoccurs with the only fix ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Tech Help
    ... I disconnected the Slam Tilt wires and restart the ... machine but I still get the error message. ... How do I fix this? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Tech Help
    ... I disconnected the Slam Tilt wires and restart the ... machine but I still get the error message. ... How do I fix this? ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • read/write error 40
    ... I have a G3 Powerbook running OS 9.2.2 and using Outlook ... so I had to force a restart. ... I tried a couple of things to fix it: ... tried looking up the error message in Mactopia and Microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.internet.outlookexpress.mac)
  • feedback
    ... Error message and unknown file ... Can anyone tell me what this means and if there is a way to fix it ... Portable disk) and when I loaded it onto my computer and go to the external ... To identify what loads when you boot use Autoruns (freeware from ...