Re: lost administrator password

From: SULY (SULYDEN_at_HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 08/09/03

Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 22:50:47 -0700

JUPITER JONES,
THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THIS ADVICE. I WAS HAVING THE
SAME TROUBLE AS MICHELLE AND IT REALLY HELPED ME A LOT TO
GO TO http://SUPPORT.MICROSOFT.COM/?KBID=321305.
I WAS ABLE TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM.

THANK YOU AGAIN

SULY

blank.
>Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel.
>Select the user and change the password.
>If you are using Windows XP Pro and have encrypted data,
you may
>permanently lose access to the encrypted data.
>
>Here is another option:
>http://www.wininternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/ind
ex.asp

>Another option is to install Windows XP on another
partition and take
>Ownership of your data.
>You could also perform another installation on the same
partition,
>although this is not a permanent fix and it is
recommended to perform
>a Clean Installation after retrieving your data.
>
>After this is resolved, take precautions to not lose the
password.

>--
>Jupiter Jones [MVP]
>An easier way to read newsgroup messages:
>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/newsgroups/se
tup.asp
>http://dts-l.org/index.html
>

>"Michelle" <mgraymendoza@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> I do not remember my administrator password and am
unable
>> to log onto Windows XP. I do not have administrator
>> rights under any other account (only a guest account).
>> How can I fix this problem?
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Password login Problems
    ... Log in to any account that has Administrator access. ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... Windows XP Home: ... If you are using Windows XP Pro and have encrypted data, ...
  • Re: Bypassing XP Password
    ... Log in to any account that has Administrator access. ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... Windows XP Home: ... If you are using Windows XP Pro and have encrypted data, ...
  • Re: administrative password
    ... Log in to any account that has Administrator access. ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... Windows XP Home: ... If you are using Windows XP Pro and have encrypted data, ...
  • Re: Password Change
    ... If you have forgotten your password, if you have another user account ... normally hidden Administrator account. ... In XP Pro, you do not need to go into Safe Mode. ... Then go to the User Accounts applet in Control Panel and set passwords ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Secure Logon and Windows Help Instructions
    ... Windows XP HELP indicates that Secure Logon can be turned on and off by ... the ADVANCED tab in User Accounts. ... and the computer can't be configured to log on an account automatically. ... I notice that I have an "Administrator" account ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)