Re: Problem in XP

From: Durand (not_at_an.invalid.address)
Date: 07/08/03

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 00:20:01 -0400

It seems to me from the way you described your problem is that you draw your
profiles from the network server in the domain. It might be a mandatory or
roaming profile and if the server were shut down when that happens, that could
be why you're seeing the error msg. I'm guessing that your machine is unable to
connect or find the domain server machine so look to make sure you are in the
correct domain, and failing that, I do have a drastic step that could
potentially land you in hot water with the network admin, but you'll be able to
use your machine so if you're ready to take the risk......

1. Right click 'my computer'>properties>computer name>change>tick workgroup and
enter the name of your domain. Ok all the way out.
2. Go to control panel>user accounts>create user accounts and make a local admin
account with the same username and password as your domain account. Ok your way
out.
3. Reboot, login using your newly created account and you'll probably get a
warning of some sort about being disjoined from the domain. You're back in
business and you'll be able to access the network resources as long as your
username and password matches your domain username and password. However, your
admin might notice something if he/she is shrewd enough.

--
Regards,
Durand
"Ahmed Salem" <papsaalem@link.net> wrote in message
I have problem in XP installed on Compaq EVO
First when i log on this messg apeare
 Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you
on with the default profile for the system.
DETAIL - The system has attempted to load or restore a
file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a
registry file format.
the details
ote: This information is intended for a network
administrator.  If you are not your network's
administrator, notify the administrator that you received
this information, which has been recorded in the file
C:\Windows\debug\dcdiag.txt.
The domain name PAP might be a NetBIOS domain name.  If
this is the case, verify that the domain name is properly
registered with WINS.
If you are certain that the name is not a NetBIOS domain
name, then the following information can help you
troubleshoot your DNS configuration.
The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the
service location (SRV) resource record used to locate a
domain controller for domain PAP:
The error was: "DNS name does not exist."
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)
The query was for the SRV record for
_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.PAP
Common causes of this error include the following:
- The DNS SRV record is not registered in DNS.
- One or more of the following zones do not include
delegation to its child zone:
PAP
. (the root zone)
For information about correcting this problem, click Help.
2 i hyave machine Xp did not ping the gatway (Isdan)
Please i need solve this problem

Relevant Pages

  • Random Network Disconnects
    ... network and the only way I can seem to get it back up is to restart the box. ... Testing IpConfig - pinging the Secondary WINS server... ... DNS Host Name: itdspstest01.itd.edited.edited ... Provider Version:2 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • RE: Server 2003 Network problems since IP address change
    ... Rightclick "My Computer", properties, Computer name or network identification, ... Is there any firewall running on client or server? ... Is the Primary DNS ... of zone WSW.local. ...
  • Re: About DNS naming convention for Active Directory
    ... Here's what I did so far, I set up a private network consists of the ... I did an in-place upgrade of the NT4 PDC to Active Directory 2003, ... I had no DNS service at all. ... Joined the 2003 Server as a member server and that went well too. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Single NIC configuration with cable modem/router
    ... Internal or single network adapter configuration ... Verify the Domain Name System (DNS) pointers. ... Right-click Server Local Area Connection, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Strange Irregular DNS/Networking Problems
    ... My network is not a complicated set up and only has one domain controller. ... problems with DNS resolving after changing DNS servers. ... I was already using the server for DHCP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)