Re: Am I just paranoid?

From: Peter Clark (clark_at_hushmail.com)
Date: 04/28/03

Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 13:44:08 -0700

pull all communicating device connections from the machine
and any others on the network. do it NOW. i would strongly
recommend reinstalling all machine, but backup and check
the backup on a different machine before formatting as
there are some nasty programs out there. on reinstall
configure your machine properly or get somebody else to do so.

you may want to called the police and show them the access
log from your firewall as what this person has done is serious.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: TypeError while checking for permissions with os.access() on windows xp
    ... Then backup_dest is a reference to the variable self.__backup_dest. ... I'm using optparse in my script (that code for checking for permission is a part of my backup script). ... print "Have no permissions on for reading ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • RE: Since SP1 install auto backup failing
    ... BackUp is working however 3 complete in a row without any errors is the most ... > Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... > This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... >>> permission and the Launch permissions. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TypeError while checking for permissions with os.access() on windows xp
    ... Then backup_dest is a reference to the variable self.__backup_dest. ... I'm using optparse in my script (that code for checking for permission is a part of my backup script). ... print "Have no permissions on for reading ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: backup wizzard error
    ... i run the backup wizzard. ... Choose "Customize" under Launch and Activation Permissions. ... > Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... > This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: 2d hard drive??
    ... The hassle would be reinstalling all that stuff, ... would copy over my info to the new drive and running it as a backup in ... I would not discontinue Mozy nor the normal CD ... My computer is in good running order, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)