Admin Only Error @ windows update

From: josh (jwerhane@pryme.com)
Date: 04/11/03

From: "josh" <jwerhane@pryme.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 12:54:19 -0700

HELP, I have the only user account which is the built-in
admin and it has full rights but why do I still get this
error of Admin Only Error @ windows update!????
I have gone thru my entire system and have done every
suggested troubleshooting idea out there. PLEASE HELP! I
am running XP Pro and in the error log it states that
download failure of iunent.cab due to timeout on 3/23/03
and ever since then I get the Admin Only error. I have
updated versions of every thing and I have turned off my
firewall at my dedicted router's website.

What Can I DO!?

jwerhane@pryme.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I turned off UAC
    ... The User Access Control (UAC) can detect rootkits before they install. ... The admin-user is only a user with Standard user rights, that must be escalated to admin rights, the escalation to full-admin rights only last for the moment of escalation to do the task, and then the admin user is returned to being a Standard user again with Standard user rights only, not admin rights. ... Malware or a virus can only run under the context of the user account that is using the computer. ...
  • Re: Admin rights over OU
    ... User Account Manage on page 34 and ... Microsoft supplies a delegwiz.inf (replace delegation control template ... pretty much encompasses what each admin, junior admin, and specialty groups ... need w/out giving them domain admin rights*. ...
  • Re: The Microsoft Search service cannot be administered under the present user accou
    ... When you changed the SQL-Service to run with Local User account (with admin ... rights), did you make this change in the SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Manager ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.fulltext)
  • Re: I turned off UAC
    ... The User Access Control (UAC) can detect rootkits before they install. ... escalated to admin rights, the escalation to full-admin rights only last for the moment of escalation to do the task, and then the admin user is returned to being a Standard user again with Standard user rights only, not admin rights. ... Malware or a virus can only run under the context of the user account that is using the computer. ...
  • Re: Vista Bus to SBS2003R2 connectcomputer problems . . .
    ... Have turned off the User Account ... Control feature since this apparently locks some parts of the system drive ... Also tried all flavours of running the procedure with admin rights. ... Small Business Server Network Configuration Wizard: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)