Re: Encryption

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (
Date: 04/11/03

From: "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 21:58:19 -0400

If you didn't backup the encryption keys/certificates before you formatted,
your data is lost.

Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
Associate Expert
ExpertZone -
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
"Anthony S" <> wrote in message
> I had encrypted some of my folders on my second hard
> drive.  I then re-installed windows and by doing so I no
> longer can access those folders.  How can I access them.
> I have to to decrypt them but it does not work.  Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Lost large folder w/W docs
    ... This newsgroup will most likely not be able to troubleshoot ... I've lost, both on the computer and in the ext HD, the files & folders that ... I lost them in both places while I was working from one to the other on ...
    ... My PC had to have WinXP reinstalled and now I've lost my Outlook Express ... All the other folders are there. ... I tried to find a newsgroup for Outlook Express but could not locate any. ...