Groups & Permissions

From: Marco (mvangelder77@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/28/03

From: "Marco" <mvangelder77@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 10:37:56 -0800

Greetings
I am running XP Pro. i have finally managed to enable my
security tab on start assigning permissions. Still a
couple of problems though:
1. I cant seem to figure out how to assign permissions to
a group. I can only assign NTFS permissions to
folders/files
2. I can't figure out how to create a group policy
Thanks in Advance

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FTP problem with more than 2 users configured
    ... After this I ran Filemon and set it to filter on "inetinfo". ... I think you'll agree that file permissions are not the issue here. ... >> began after the installation of Exchange Server 2003. ... >> computer from the network' for other users with the Group Policy ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • RE: Error binding to local domain
    ... away because I was away for a couple weeks and I do not force permissions on ... The permissions dialog just times out trying to resolve the ... >> following event "Windows cannot query for the list of Group Policy objects. ... >> An Active Directory, network connectivity, or network configuration problem ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Would like to lockdown public computer
    ... not have access to any shares for share permissions or ntfs permissions. ... Learn to use Group Policy. ... protect the cmos settings as it is easy to reboot a computer from a floppy ... the mandatory profile on the local computer and then have the users account ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Help with GPO problem! PLEASE!!
    ... Can you create a new GPO?? ... If so use it to compare permissions to the two ... > Configuration information could not be read from the domain controller, ... Failed to open the Group Policy Object. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • RE: services running in windows domain (winXP clients)
    ... registry changes and permissions. ... i mean if someone is administrator can change the ... (Maybe create a group policy setting this ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)