Re: Win XP Password problem

From: Robert Michon (rob_michon@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/01/03

From: "Robert Michon" <rob_michon@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 09:19:32 -0500

This could be happening because your system is normally connected to a
domain and you are currently not connected.

First make sure the system is connected to the network the domain resides
on. If you are or believe there is not a problem there, try logging on
locally. At the logon, you will see a drop down below the username and
password fields, try changing that to <computer name> (this computer) where
<computername> is the name of the computer). Use a user/password for the
local machine and log in.

Once in, make sure the network card is functioning properly and verify it is
set up to connect to the proper domain. R click my computer>Properties and
click the Computer name tab. This will show the computer/domain
information.

--
Bob Michon
Associate Expert
"Joao" <joao.nuno@netc.pt> wrote in message
> After finishing the installation of Win XP Pro I was asked
> to put the users names, which I did for 2 users, on the
> next screen when I try to logon for the 1st time it asks
> me for a password the problem is that I didn't set up any
> password for the users and I can't pass this screen the
> error is "The system cannot log you on du to the following
> error: The specified domain either doesn't exist or could
> not be contacted"
> Any help is more then welcomed !!!!
>
> Thanks,joao

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problem with NTLM2 on multihomed host
    ... When I try to logon from single homed to multihomed host by this way: ... In this case client was W2K3+SP1 (one network card) ... Never I have problem to connect two machines where every machine has one ... Problem is to connect with this NTLM2 setting to multihomed host with two ...
  • Re: XP Pro cannot Logon with correct password
    ... there is only one network card. ... The clock is correct in the CMOS setup, but since I can't logon I can only assume that the clock in windows is the same. ... >> I have tried to repair the installation, but I get the same logon message ...
  • 2000 Pro repetitive logon
    ... administrator or another user I can enter my logon details and it goes off ... saying "loading personal settings" as it should then it just goes back to ... only other car pci card is the network card and I have also taken that out ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Logon script not executed
    ... When I logon manually the logon script is executed without any problems. ... The network card is a Broadcom NetXTreme 57xx. ... >> When I boot the pc, automatic logon works fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Resize Quick Launch (through registry?)
    ... home and log into the local machine, my quick launch bar goes al ... when I log into my network domain at the ... the quick launch bar is just three icons on the left. ... can - in fact - logon with your domain credentials anywhere, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)