Re: Win XP Password problem

From: Robert Michon (
Date: 03/01/03

From: "Robert Michon" <>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 09:19:32 -0500

This could be happening because your system is normally connected to a
domain and you are currently not connected.

First make sure the system is connected to the network the domain resides
on. If you are or believe there is not a problem there, try logging on
locally. At the logon, you will see a drop down below the username and
password fields, try changing that to <computer name> (this computer) where
<computername> is the name of the computer). Use a user/password for the
local machine and log in.

Once in, make sure the network card is functioning properly and verify it is
set up to connect to the proper domain. R click my computer>Properties and
click the Computer name tab. This will show the computer/domain

Bob Michon
Associate Expert
Expert Zone---