Re: My documents folder are encrypted I tried to create public policy & private key

From: John Banes [MS] (jbanes@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/28/03

From: "John Banes [MS]" <jbanes@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 09:19:58 -0800

If you still have your user profile directory from the original Windows
install, and you remember your old user password, then there's a good chance
you can get your EFS data back. I recently made a utility (reccerts.exe)
available to Microsoft tech support that's able to migrate certificates (and
their private keys) from "non-active" user profiles. It might be worth a
try. :-)

Regards,

John Banes
[Microsoft Security Developer]

purposes only.

"John Adams" <john_adams_2001@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Hello
> 2 weeks ago, my windows XP Professional crashed on drive
> C. I install XP professional on another drive G. I backed
> up my documents folder from drive C
> I manage to recover my documents folder I took full
> control but all my files in my documents folder are
> encrypted (they appear green color).
>
> I can not access my files I tried to create public
> policy and private key no success.
> Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you.
>
> John Adams

Relevant Pages

  • Re: MiKTeX localtexmf path
    ... the main tree: the one call UserData (for generated files like pk, ... fndb etc) and UserConfig (for local config files). ... Then you may choose to create user profile dependant directories or not. ... I had some students run into trouble yesterday trying to install proTeXt ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • RE: how do I prevent power user from shutting down or rebooting a
    ... What I recommend is what I always do when setting up a new TS: ... Clean install of the OS. ... Create default user profile by logging on with a non-admin account, ... >> Patrick Rouse ...
  • Re: User Profiles going from XP to Windows 7
    ... from XP to Vista/Windows 7 in user profile structure. ... I know that once I get a machine online I can install RSAT on it to ... I have done a clean HD install on my machine for the testing. ...
  • Re: Office 2000 setup in Win98
    ... Best posted in a Windows 98 group for OS/Registry questions. ... | wasn't properly installed and that I needed to install it from the ... | installed) instead of selecting a user profile at start up, ... | registry of the default setup and that of the user profile? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Please help!
    ... I created a new user profile and followed all of the instructions to ... save any settings at all, and some programs I have to install every time I ... >> desktop shortcut, but a box pops up that says the shortcut only works for ...