Re: Windows xp security

From: Jupiter Jones (jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com)
Date: 02/25/03

From: "Jupiter Jones" <jones_jupiter@hotnomail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 12:52:20 -0700

Adriana;
Reboot to Safe Mode, select Administrator, leave password blank.
This is likely how he got in.

Then, go to User Accounts in Control Panel.
Set a password for Administrator.
I would suggest deleting any accounts he made.
At a minimum, you must make him a Limited User.
Any Administrator can do and undo anything any Administrator can do.
Reboot to normal mode.
Go to User Accounts and change/delete appropriate accounts,

--
Jupiter Jones
An easier way to read newsgroup messages:
"Adriana Munoz" <adriana3313@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> My stepson broke into my pc using the safe mode feature.
> He was able to get into all the files and conect into the
> internet.  So much for security.  How can I disable the
> safe mode feature and any other way of entry into windows
> xp.  Please advice.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Adriana

Relevant Pages

  • Re: administrator password
    ... Reboot to Safe Mode as previously described. ... be sure to password all Administrator accounts. ... >>Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... >>permanently lose access to the encrypted data. ...
  • Re: XP Home Log on screen
    ... Start\Run and type in control userpasswords2 and hit OK ... When the User Accounts dialogue box opens ... Reboot ... That shows the user name as "administrator" and asks ...
  • Re: Loss of Administrator User
    ... Enable/Disable Administrator on Welcome Screen ... When I try to access the Administrator account while in Safe Mode it is ... Are you logging on with an account that has Administrator permissions?? ... Safe Mode to access the Administrator account in User Accounts. ...
  • Re: Windows XP Administration Password
    ... Reboot to Safe Mode, select Administrator, leave password blank. ... Then go to User Accounts in Control Panel. ... Insert Windows XP CD and reboot. ...
  • Re: password protected user on slave drive
    ... When you're booted into safe mode, you should be able to see the ... Administrator account in the User Accounts control panel even though it ... > account with a password-- I don't see it in User Accounts in the Control ... >>> Computer Administrator account, which I had password protected in order ...