Re: XP personal firewall log viewer

From: Kent W. England [MVP] (kwe@mvps.org)
Date: 02/19/03

From: "Kent W. England [MVP]" <kwe@mvps.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 20:04:55 -0800

If you want notification of outbound connection attempts, the XP
firewall doesn't monitor outbound connections, so you might rather use
ZoneAlarm, Tiny or one of the other firewall programs that watches
outbound traffic.

Watching inbound traffic is only interesting for a few hours. After
you've seen one port scan, you've seen them all. If you want to check
your inbound security, go to one of the reputable scanning sites like
www.grc.com and scan your system.

--
Kent W. England, Microsoft MVP for Windows
An easier way to read newsgroup messages is described in