Re: Firewall

From: Bruce Chambers (bchambers@nospam.cableone.net)
Date: 02/07/03

From: "Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@nospam.cableone.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 10:55:19 -0700

Greetings --

    AOL has deliberately made their software incompatible with WinXP's
firewall. AOL's proprietary connection applet is deliberately
designed to preclude your setting/adjusting any of its properties, to
include enabling/disabling WinXP's firewall, which is
connection-specific. This is normally of little consequence to most
AOL users, as all are protected from the real Internet behind AOL's
own firewall. Remember, AOL is _not_ an Internet Service Provider;
they're an On-Line Content Provider. Two very different things.

    Contact AOL's tech support for resolution of problems with (or
caused by) their product.

Bruce Chambers
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

----
You can have peace.  Or you can have freedom.  Don't ever count on
having both at once. -- RAH