System dropping

From: David Jones (kk7gw@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/04/03

From: "David Jones" <kk7gw@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 15:37:51 -0800

Whoever told you that mislead you.
There is a feature, that if you are idle, will
automatically start the screensaver and can optionally
require you to enter a password to turn off the
screensaver. You can adjust this from the Screen Saver
tab of Control Panel->Display.

During that time, all your applications are still
running, and Windows does not kick them out.

while,
>I was told that when you are away for a period of time
>and the mouse isn't moved during that time it will
>automatically kick out of the program you are using at
>the time, I have programs I like to have running while I
>am away from the keyboard sometimes for a few hours at a
>time, something about being a XP pro feature which is
>quite annoying in my opinion, is there a way to shut it
>off? I checked in all the folders and files I can think
>of with no luck.
>
>Thanks...
>
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: incessant lockout screens with request for password
    ... it's driving me nuts and ... i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it happen far ... and screensaver packages from the system, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: incessant lockout screens with request for password
    ... it's driving me nuts ... and i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it ... manager and screensaver packages from the system, ... stomp, stomp, stomp, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: incessant lockout screens with request for password
    ... it's driving me nuts and ... i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it happen far ... and screensaver packages from the system, ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: incessant lockout screens with request for password
    ... i would like to turn this feature off or at least make it happen far ... and screensaver packages from the system, ... A nicer question would have been "did you file a bug report at the time, ... way to "fix" the problem, is to wait until the affected piece of hardware ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [Usability] Screensaver and idle time
    ... For the idle time label, ... Perhaps this should all be defined with reference to the screensaver, since it's the most visible thing. ... what usually happens is that over time discrete low level controls are replaced by more broadly scoped high level controls. ... When I left my house this morning I had to do a number of really boring things like closing the blinds, turning off appliances, and locking doors. ...
    (GNOME)