Hey it worked!! autocomplete: account passwords not saved

From: rcfarago@bigpond.com
Date: 12/12/02

From: <rcfarago@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 04:32:15 -0800

Thank you very much

it worked
I was ready to just reformat and reinstall --drastic I
know

Should I delete the changed entry ie now beginning with
T --it has 2 sub directories

to new profile is
>probably the most reliable way to recover, but I can
give you one more thing
>to try out first.
>
>There's a possibility that the protectedstorage database
has been corrupted
>somehow, in which case no more data can be stored to it.
I don't know of any
>way to recover from this except be creating a new
database. You can do this
>by using the registry editor (regedit.exe).
>
>If you look at
the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected
Storage
>System Provider" registry key, you should see an entry
under it that
>consists of your user SID. It begins with "S-1-5-". If
you rename this entry
>(change the "S" to "T" or something), and then log off
and log back on, a
>new database will be created, and things might work okay
from that point on.
>Cross your fingers, and let us know if this works or
not...

>--
>Regards,
>
>John Banes
>[Microsoft Security Developer]

confers no rights.
>Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
alias is for newsgroup
>purposes only.
><rcfarago@bigpond.com> wrote in message
>> John:
>>
>> The KB mentioned is entitled
>> AutoComplete Does Not Save Username and Password
>> Last Reviewed: 9/24/2002
>>
>> Thank you for looking at this
>> Ps I have tried again recreating another profile and
can
>> copy over the properties and the autocomplte works on
>> this new profile.
>> Can I get the original one to autocomplete so I do not
>> have to copy everything over??? ..as I am not sure of
how
>> to do this and get all the documents and outlook
profiles
>> and messages etc that are in the original
administrator's
>> area

and
>> confers no rights.
>> >Please do not send email directly to this alias. This
>> alias is for newsgroup
>> >purposes only.
>> >"rcfarago" <rcfarago@telstra.com> wrote in message
passwords
stored

fix
>> XP!!!

but
>> one ...
>> Advenced -

>> >.
>> >

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Hey it worked!! autocomplete: account passwords not saved
    ... The old registry key isn't doing any harm, but I suppose you can delete it ... Please do not send email directly to this alias. ... > to new profile is ... >>> AutoComplete Does Not Save Username and Password ...
  • Re: Exchange 2003 and Pop3 passwords not being accepted.
    ... It appears that the alias helps and resolves. ... The only differances between the accounts that I found is that the smtp ... the user profile user name. ... local.domain entry maching the email address entries. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: autocomplete: account passwords not saved
    ... copying your stuff over the to new profile is ... way to recover from this except be creating a new database. ... Please do not send email directly to this alias. ... >>> As Administrator and with autocomplete on no passwords ...
  • Re: Slow logon because of "Applying computer settings..."
    ... entry found ... RpcServerRegisterIfEx successful ... entry in profile list for existing local profile ... Scheduler skipped because both deleted and changed GPO lists are ...
  • Re: file2alias - incorrect? aliases for USB
    ... E.g. for this match table entry: ... > or bcdDevice file in sysfs. ... any reason why the module alias code is turning an empty ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    (Linux-Kernel)