RE: system error 1314 when logging on

From: Nicole Wan (Nicolew@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/05/02

From: Nicolew@online.microsoft.com (Nicole Wan)
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 03:17:50 GMT

Hi,

Please grant the privilege on the local machine

logged in locally on the workstation and granted the privilege to the
domain group on the local PC.

Regards,

Nicole Wan
Nicolew@online.microsoft.com
Online Support Professional
Microsoft Corporation

--------------------
| From: "joe" <jmascherino@erie1.wnyric.org>
| Sender: "joe" <jmascherino@erie1.wnyric.org>
| Subject: system error 1314 when logging on
| Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 08:32:05 -0800
|
| One of my users is having trouble logging on. He is not
| getting any of his mapped drives. The drives are mapped
| with a login script (batch file). He has the same batch
| file as about 50 other users. As his login script
| executes, the following appears:
|
| System error 1314
| A required privledge is not held by the client.
| There are open files and/or incomplete directory searches
| pending on the connection to H:
| Is it OK to continue disconnecting and force them closed?
|
| If I select Yes, then the script runs and all of his
| drives appear under My Computer. This only happens on XP
| workstations, seems OK on a 98 machine. This user was
| created using the same template as our other users, so I'm
| not sure what is causing the problem. Any help would be
| appreciated. Thanks!
|
| ps - server is Win2K

Relevant Pages

  • Re: restricting copying
    ... If a user is running the application locally on their workstation it is next ... to impossibly to prevent some form of copying that could include printing ... physical access to that has access to USB, cdrom/dvd, internet, etc. ... Also implementing user access according to principle of least privilege will ...
  • Re: Adding new domain user to workstation
    ... > failure, connectivity issue, etc., that user will be denied network access ... > By default, when a workstation joins an AD domain, the domain administrators ... > users group is added to the local machine users group. ...
  • Re: Adding new domain user to workstation
    ... failure, connectivity issue, etc., that user will be denied network access ... By default, when a workstation joins an AD domain, the domain administrators ... users group is added to the local machine users group. ...
  • Re: PrivilegeNotHeld, .Net 1.1 sp1 bug, hotfix
    ... > FIX: A security token leak occurs when you use the System.Management ... but the same code changed to reboot a local machine ... System.Management.ManagementException: Privilege not held. ... at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: PrivilegeNotHeld, .Net 1.1 sp1 bug, hotfix
    ... I never got the privilege not held, but access denied errors for async ... queries to the eventlog when using ConnectionOptions.EnablePrivileges. ... > - removed ConnectionOptions because not needed/allowed for local machine ... > at System.Management.ManagementObject.InvokeMethod(String methodName, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)