Re: EFS key recovery?

From: David Cross [MS] (dcross@online.microsoft.com)
Date: 11/21/02

From: "David Cross [MS]" <dcross@online.microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 06:36:18 -0800

It was not a fix - it was a feature. The EFS whitepaper details this and I
think they added something to the help files.

--
David B. Cross [MS]
http://support.microsoft.com
"A1PCFixer" <a1pcfixer@hotpants.attbi.com> wrote in message
> David,
>
> > That is a
> > far cry from the AES-256 bit default encryption in Windows Xp SP1.
> >
> I didn't see that listed specifically under SP1 fixes. Got a link to
> it?
>  --
>
>      Jim Lilly - Team Z
>      http://www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/teamzBios.jsp
>      Using - Virtual Access(OLR), ZAP 3.1, & WinXP Pro w/SP1
>      http://www.virtual-access.org

Relevant Pages

  • Linux 2.4.36-pre1
    ... In private discussions, Solar Designer proposed ... Chris Wright noted that 2.6 already has a somewhat similar feature ... which introduces a sysctl by which the admin ... fix force mac address before ifconfig up ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • [git pull] drm fixes
    ... that isn't a technical regression or oops, ... So this pull does try and fix some problems in a feature we added in -rc1, ... drm/radeon: reset i2c valid to avoid incorrect tv-out polling. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: C# & VB-> General Questions
    ... because the fix didn't work. ... enough support for embedded langauges. ... I assume this is meant to address background compilation moreso than E&C. ... far is no announced feature was dropped. ...
  • Re: C# & VB-> General Questions
    ... because the fix didn't work. ... enough support for embedded langauges. ... I assume this is meant to address background compilation moreso than E&C. ... far is no announced feature was dropped. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: [git pull] CPU isolation extensions
    ... to figure out what the heck there is supposed to do with the spare CPU cores. ... Those are local versions that depend whether a feature is enabled or not. ... In other words cpu_isolatedis the one common macro that subsystem may ... Will fix asap. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)