Help! No keyboard & Secure Log-on

From: rjs (w2wdc@hotmail.com)
Date: 11/10/02

From: "rjs" <w2wdc@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 17:51:39 -0800

Well, Bill, I've been there twice so far, First:Is your
copy legit? Your pals at microsoft will disable your
nkeyboard and mouse drivers in the OS causing you to be
able to start your comp but only to see a blinking cursor
in the middle of a beatiful green desktop, while you
angrily throw your mouse at your keyboard, the guys at
microsoft are probably whatching you through your webcam
and laughing. @:Has your system picked up a bunch
of "hidden" devices in your device/hardware manager
section go ahead and click on it look under show devices
by connection and under resources you'll see it "show
hidden devices",,,,, hidden????You ask ya, hidden as in
not there but suddenly it all does't make any sense
because Microsoft will send you a message on your desktop
that will say someting to the effect of "Your system has
changed dramatically since you've activated you XP
operating system and we would like you to return to the
activation site within 7 days. Each day counts down with
you seeing this popup window constantly appearing about
100 times a day but you can't get on line because your
comp isn't configured correctly due to IRQ'S and memory
problems but you can't reconfigure these things as you
could in previous (better) OS"S set manually is a thing
of the past due to it making more sense, MS took it away
as a way to lock you out suckah. GOOD LUCK! E-mail me if
you want to try some file sharing and maybe i can remote
send you a way to cheat oops i mean creat another
keyboard perhaps as a hid device. OH NO, HERE THEY COME
GOOTA RUN BEFORE MY kEYB

the 'secure log on' where you
>have to press Ctl-Alt-Del. keys fine, all went well,
and I logged off and
>logged back on again fine. Then, after backing up
overnight with Drive
>Image, I noticed that the 'Ctl-Alt-Del' window was
there. I pressed the
>required keys, and to my horror, my keyboard is not
being recognised for
>some reason. I've tried 3 different keyboards now to no
avail. I've
>checked all the settings in BIOS and still no good. The
keyboard is being
>recognised in the POST test so I'm at my wits end in
trying to understand
>what's happened here.
>
>Thanks in advance for all replies...
>
>Bill
>UK
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: order of operands in HLA
    ... AT&T syntax isn't actually the syntax of any particular CPU but an attempt ... Windows 95 was actually the _first_ OS Microsoft ever ... Mosaic...the GUI design is stolen from Apple (TrueType was taken ... hover your fingers over two spots on the keyboard and then just ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • MS Loves Homos Again! Flips the Bird to the Wacko Christian Right!
    ... Microsoft Says It Supports Gay Rights Bill ... faced with unrelenting criticism from employees and gay ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: A summary of my PocketPC (about 2 months worth) -- Sharp/WillCom WS003SH
    ... And do I have to pay for Opera if I do install it? ... wide range of lighting levels where the keyboard is not readable. ... To Microsoft, the losses are relatively trivial--but no ... design and implementation incompetence by Microsoft. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: MCE 2005 Accessories
    ... I confused them because not even 48 hours ago Microsoft had an ad directly ... that fingerprint keyboard and the afct that he needed a remote. ... I think you are confused regarding my confusion. ... > My brother has that keyboard (Microsoft Remote Keyboard for Windows XP Media ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • La mainmise de Microsoft sur le =?UTF-8?Q?multim=C3=A9dia_fran=C3=A7ais?= en 1997
    ... A la mi-1998 alors que j'avais quitté Le Book depuis 1 an, ... sur le site de Microsoft dans la page perso de Bill GATES ... qu'on ne voyait plus les projets de Bill GATES ... et qu'il y a prescription sauf pour un contrat à caractère personnel. ...
    (comp.sys.apple2)