seting symbol path using windbg to fix "probably" ntoskrnl.exe

From: Matthew (mount_zion3@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/27/02

From: "Matthew" <mount_zion3@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 04:39:16 -0700

ok, my computer since win xp has always randomly
restarted its self, so i disable the 'restart computer'
option in 'start up and recovry' and in event viewer it
keept mentioning acpi as the culpret, so i disabled acpi
in windows, which changed the message,
now i get a blue screen when it restarts, saying that
windows has caused and error, if u have seen this message
before do this. . . if not restart. . blah blah
then a big long IO address

so in the event view i go and find that it has rebooted
after a bug check, the bug check was 0x0000000a
(0x80f0bff4, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8050e6f8)

and saved in a dump file (the one attached) so i view
the dump file with windbg which i just downloaed from the
microsoft site (assuming its the latest version) and it
says the problem is most likely ntosknrl, but says, well:

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {80f0bff4, 2, 0, 8050e6f8}

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do
analysis.

Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+3e6f8 )

Followup: MachineOwner

that

so can anyone help me??
much thanks

matt

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Latest security updates from WindowsUpdate ruined my computer
    ... -exit and restart computer ... Then it was still rebooting so I selected disable automatic restart from the ... So I replaced the kernel via the recovery console and rebooted. ... > -Running Windows XP Pro SP2 with all updates applied. ...
  • RE: Home Page Highjacked By ABOUT:BLANK
    ... Restart computer in safe mode without Networking. ... Download and install Ad-Aware 6.0. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: TDSSserv.sys virus removal
    ... Restart Computer. ... Execute This Script And Restart Pc. ... Are you a Bigpond suscriber because Bigpond is on the 10 most growing ... blocks anti virus updates and blocks security sites. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Unusual problem- Unable to get out of Safe mode, cant logon!
    ... suggested I disable system restore and restart computer in safe ... When I restarted (in safe mode) and tried to logon, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [patch 12/36] futex: fix for futex_wait signal stack corruption
    ... patch ce6bd420f43b28038a2c6e8fbb86ad24014727b6 in mainline. ... David Holmes found a bug in the -rt tree with respect to ... struct restart_block *restart; ... use the restart with specific parameters. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)