Re: IP checking in the internet and problems?

From: Bisirat (bisirat@hotmail.com)
Date: 08/16/02

From: "Bisirat" <bisirat@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 02:51:41 -0500

To check your IP address you just have to open a command window (Dos
window) and type ipconfig. And if you want to know if your computer is safe
go to a port scanning (security testing) website.

"paula" <paula22ng@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Since I didn't know much about computer and didn't know
> my computer IP and I wanted to see if my IP was static or
> changed, I went to some internet IP checking websites to
> check mine for several times. They could display my IP
> and domain name.
>
> Can anyone tell me is there any security problems to
> check the IP on the internet? If they can know my IP and
> domain name, can they also know other system information
> about my computer? Can they even read my files and
> folders? I had checked several times before, how can I
> know now that if my computer have security problems or
> not after the checking?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SP2 Security Holes
    ... > internet or e-mail attachment. ... The risk here is that it could be any ... > drag the file to the command window. ... > execute any file based on content rather than extension and ignore ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Home Network setup probems: XP Prof. Desktop and XP Home Lapto
    ... >For the other questions--both computers access the internet using a dynamic ... >IP and both can use the internet through the router. ... How exactly do I ping the other machine? ... Using a command window: ...
  • Re: 404 and page not found messages
    ... Command window: - url OK ... Ping http://66.94.230.33 Website shows ... From browser; success with both ... Ping by IP address. ...
  • Re: 404 and page not found messages
    ... Command window: - url OK ... Ping http://66.94.230.33 Website shows ... From browser; success with both ... Ping by IP address. ...
  • Did "netsh" cmd; Now internet is dead
    ... In order to troubleshoot internet connectivity problem on my Windows XP Home ... I got into the command window and executed: "netsh int ip reset ...