IP checking in the internet and problems?

From: paula (paula22ng@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/17/02

From: "paula" <paula22ng@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:20:40 -0700

Hi,

Since I didn't know much about computer and didn't know
my computer IP and I wanted to see if my IP was static or
changed, I went to some internet IP checking websites to
check mine for several times. They could display my IP
and domain name.

Can anyone tell me is there any security problems to
check the IP on the internet? If they can know my IP and
domain name, can they also know other system information
about my computer? Can they even read my files and
folders? I had checked several times before, how can I
know now that if my computer have security problems or
not after the checking?

Thanks in advance.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [fw-wiz] How automate firewall tests
    ... makes that breakage apparent. ... are informed in advance are going to cause security problems, ... I recall a time when lots of "internet pioneers" would go around ... saying stuff like "When IPV6 is here and nobody needs firewalls anymore.." ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Windows updates: should I update?
    ... John wrote: ... My son did not have it connected to internet and used it ... Most Windows updates are fixes for security problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Welcome to Googles Brave New World
    ... if you had your firewall ... ban Outlook Express from accessing the Internet, ... has a history of security problems, ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: [Lit.] Buffer overruns
    ... Hank Oredson wrote: ... >>Has honeypot 'solved' the security problems on the internet? ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Cannot see TIFs in XP was: Windows XP Home system file association problem...
    ... Temporary Internet Files are stored here.. ... and check the box 'show hidden files and folders' ... Re Nero and Sony Sound Forge.. ... > a Fry's "restore" disc from which to work. ...