Re: Disable Simple File Sharing in Home Edition

From: Morrigan (gemmstar20@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/03/02

From: "Morrigan" <gemmstar20@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 02:59:03 -0600

"Cool Raoul" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:3f3nku8i20qqijp8blu7rhq05ubsqsn1lm@4ax.com...

:So, I am just curious whether using this old, and it is old,
:piece of code in XP Home is reintroducing any of these
:instabilities, which BTW were all resultant from a change
:in the semantics of the order in which ACEs must be
:present in ACLs.

:I'm using this trick since I've found it without any problem.

:I pretty sure that it does'nt install any old code in XP (because of
:WFP). It juste make active the security tab , giving GUI access to the
:underlying mechanisms/apis that *are* already presents in home ed
:(otherwise the cacls command should not run).

 Would you be so kind as to tell me where to find this trick ....
I have missed part of the thread I think .....
Grateful if you oblige.

Morrigan.

: --
:CR

---

  • Re: Word 2003 table reformats when pasted to Word 2007
    ... Thanks Pamilia you're recommendation did the trick. ... BTW: the someone who changed the settings in Word Options is me. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.tables)
  • A ListComp that maintains its own state (Was: Re: turing machine in an LC)
    ... verbose than strictly necessary;-) ... BTW, I realized that it is indeed possible for a LC to maintain its own state ... The trick is to use itertools.repeat ... to return the same mutable object on each iteration. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: installing .debs from hdd
    ... Maintainers Guide shows nothing applicable. ... That did the trick. ... BTW, where in the docs does it mention this ... If you think you're getting free lunch, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: bignum 0.22
    ... gamo wrote: ... BTW, if you make factrecursive and use the Memoize module, you can ... This trick really really improve speed. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.modules)