Re: Disable Simple File Sharing in Home Edition

From: Morrigan (gemmstar20@yahoo.com)
Date: 08/03/02

From: "Morrigan" <gemmstar20@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 02:59:03 -0600

"Cool Raoul" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
news:3f3nku8i20qqijp8blu7rhq05ubsqsn1lm@4ax.com...

:So, I am just curious whether using this old, and it is old,
:piece of code in XP Home is reintroducing any of these
:instabilities, which BTW were all resultant from a change
:in the semantics of the order in which ACEs must be
:present in ACLs.

:I'm using this trick since I've found it without any problem.

:I pretty sure that it does'nt install any old code in XP (because of
:WFP). It juste make active the security tab , giving GUI access to the
:underlying mechanisms/apis that *are* already presents in home ed
:(otherwise the cacls command should not run).

 Would you be so kind as to tell me where to find this trick ....
I have missed part of the thread I think .....
Grateful if you oblige.

Morrigan.

: --
:CR