Re: network passwords

From: Shenan (shenans@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/21/02

From: "Shenan" <shenans@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 19:27:16 -0500

- The username you are using on the ME machine must match the username you
are using on the XP machine.
- If the username on the ME machine is not a username on the XP machine, add
it and give it a password - that's your password.

Then you will need to share things out on the XP machine. I suggest turning
off "Simple File Sharing"
  1.. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
  2.. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
  Double-click Folder Options.
  3.. On the View tab, under Advanced settings, clear Use simple file
sharing [Recommended].
And setting up your shares so that user has full control or whatever is
needed.

--
Shenan
"DK" <> wrote in message :...
> I am networking my home desktop to my notebook.  Desktop
> is running XP Home ED.  and WinME on the notebook.
>
> When I try to look at my home computer on my network it
> asks for the passwork for the Desktop.  I don't know what
> the password is.
>
> Is there a place where I can see what my network password
> is or at least get an idea of how many digits I used when
> I set it up?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ignoring Case on directories
    ... can result in several hundred MySQL queries per minute. ... clicking on that person's username, which resolves the case issue, but ... personalized settings, etc)? ... folders for themselves. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: OK, I must be retarded or something...
    ... Internal fqdn is different than external, and username is different than ... Check the same settings on your POP3 Virtual Server. ... >>> I put in internal domain user and password, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • RE: Network Login Name/ "Home rown security"
    ... Now make your api function to set get the username off the computer opening ... the database in a hidden forum that opens on start up. ... If gblAccesslvl = "two" then ... the .visible/enable settings on the forms. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: User authentication for RPC over HTTP - domainusername, username, username@domain
    ... I was wondering where you change the authentication rules for ... username and password when using RPC over HTTPs. ... since the ESM settings override IIS ... Instead of the website you're using, I suggest to use OEx (Outlook Express ...