Major XP problems and loss of important files/progs, etc.

From: Cassandra (xcassandrax@hotmail.com)
Date: 07/12/02

From: "Cassandra" <xcassandrax@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 17:12:43 -0700

Hi..

I've just actually logged on to this forum and was
looking for advice regarding a strange situation I now
have with my system. I logged off last night and never
did anything unusual during that session except
downloading the latest Windows Update; I then attempted
to login today and as soon as I entered my password a pop
up screen appeared stating that there was an error
beingcorrupted/missing from the registry. I did manage
to login and was given temporary settings but much to my
horror.. all my important documents, images and
programmes have somehow vanished. There are some
remaining programmes and a few files in the trash but
even IE loads a BT setup screen when I click on any url?
This is seriously weird and worrying me to death so any
advice would be greatly appreciated.. and I didn't backup
if anyone is wondering :'( Thanks in advance.

Cassandra xx

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Major XP problems and loss of important files/progs, etc.
    ... > I've just actually logged on to this forum and was ... > to login today and as soon as I entered my password a pop ... > programmes have somehow vanished. ... > advice would be greatly appreciated.. ...
  • Re: Major XP problems and loss of important files/progs, etc.
    ... Thank you for the advice and it appears that my most ... think backing them up onto a CD and taking some form of ... >> to login and was given temporary settings but much to ... >> programmes have somehow vanished. ...
  • Re: More digital switch-over misinformation
    ... "After digital switchover, if you want to record TV programmes, you will ... be the best word to use but it keeps the advice but the statement is being offered as advice - a recommendation, and this keeps the advice simple. ... Next, they would either have to leave the STB on and tuned to the required station, or set up the same timed event on the STB. ...
    (uk.tech.broadcast)
  • RE: Enter user name, enter password, then press enter...
    ... I think for the purposes of the databases ... I actually will suggest Rick's advice. ... >> I created a mock login screen for testing. ... >> Charting the future of pharmacy ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Office 2003 Vista"End User Licence Agreement"
    ... I have had this problem too so I took your advice. ... However, I cant find ... I checked the shortcuts to all the programmes ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)