Login Problem

I have a Vista Home premium laptop I use occasionally. I used it a couple of weeks ago and ISTR it did some updates when I logged out. I turned it on yesterday and it will no longer accept my account password. In fact it only shows bullets for the first five of the password which is seven long. The password prompt appears so I am sure I am entering the right password. I do not have caps lock on either.

None of the safe modes work i.e they have the identical problem.

How do I fix this?

Cheers

Ian

  • Login Problem
    ... I have a Vista Home premium laptop I use occasionally. ... I used it a couple of weeks ago and ISTR it did some updates when I logged out. ...
  • Login Problem
    ... I have a Vista Home premium laptop I use occasionally. ... I used it a couple of weeks ago and ISTR it did some updates when I logged out. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)
  • XP Remote desktop not accepting connections
    ... I have a new VISTA Home premium laptop and use Contivity VPN software ... I get this error message from the event log on the desktop i am trying ...
  • WMP 11 wont play internet video clips
    ... I use an OEM version of Vista Home Premium 64 and recently installed an ... All the latest updates for Vista and the latest Nvidia drivers (off Windows ... Lots of hard disk activity and when I eventually go into task manager to ...
    (microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer)
  • RE: General Discussion Vista Updates KB958690 and KB960225 cause netwo
    ... I'm on-line my connection drops. ... This never used to happen before these updates. ... I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. ... This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)