SendInput(...) on UAC Dialogs and Windows Logon

Hi all, :-)

we're developing software for disabled people who need to use special devices for keyboard and mouse input.
these devices operate via serial port and a software, which translates the data via the serial port into SendInput(..) calls, which works pretty well now.

obviously, this is not possible on the UAC-Screens to confirm and also at the Windows Loginscreen because of security reasons.

On various sources in the internet the posts say, that it is necessary to sign the application with Microsofts Authenticode, which might be okay to do, but there are also several other sources which again say, that this signing-process isn't enough and it still gives an inaccessible UAC-Screen which has to be confirmed either by clicking or pressing some keys on a "real" keyboard.

Is there _any_ possibility to avoid this, and get full control over the system via the SendInput Method (or something similar)? also on these user-account-control-screens and on windows logon?

i'm very thankful for any hints,
Daniel :-)

PS: it would be okay, if some non-disabled user has to install the software first and confirming, that no uac-screens are necessary in the future...
PS2: At the moment it isn't possible to make these devices HID-Compatible.

  • Re: Open Question on SPARC Server 670MP
    ... >graphics card out of my SPARC Station 20 into it, and attached a keyboard. ... it also helps to connect a serial terminal to serial port ... If the power-on self-tests run to completion, the system board in the ... If both give settings of 'ttya' then you need to change the ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
  • Re: barcode software reade
    ... plugin that will allow you to read from a serial port. ... your focus is before scanning the barcode if you are using a keyboard ... comment field input when he scans a barcode, the barcode ends up in the ... you can get that sort of consistent flow and the user is always at the right place in the program before scanning. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Newbie text input question
    ... I am working on a program that sends control signals to the serial port ... to send morse code from text entered at the keyboard. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Anything on Bigboard II?
    ... either 7Fh or FFh via the serial port. ... keyboard appear as a parallel, ... disasembling it to see if I can discover the ports, ... reason, this board fascinates me. ...
    (comp.os.cpm)
  • Re: Graphic options for DS10L
    ... I don't yet have a keyboard ... But this doesn't seem to make a difference as all console activity still ... Since VMS uses FW callbacks to get mouse/KB input -- we ... ALPHA's serial port to send input characters). ...
    (comp.os.vms)