Re: Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

Not long finished reading an email from Noel ranting about the forums and such, he said he's finding them a nightmare, plus the groups are dead.
Just had a look at the Microsoft server and most of the ones I had in there have disappeared <g>
I'm writing this from my BT servers, that and the eternal-september servers have still got all the groups I had and they have new messages.
Take care talk soon oh and I'm OK thanks. <g>

--
Joan Archer
http://crossstitcher.webs.com/

"MowGreen" <mowgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:u4sOlK1ALHA.4388@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Joan Archer wrote:
Hi Mow, hope your OK, by the way the Community Bridge is now at v24,
can't keep pace with it get a new version every time I come online,
wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't another before I send this <g>

And I graduated way back before you <g>

--
Joan Archer
http://crossstitcher.webs.com/

Hi, Joan. Long time no hear. Me, fine ... Hope you're doing OK.
The Bridge is up to V25. Still haven't installed it but I keep downloading it to encourage whomever is developing it.
Not sure about the worth of the new forums as there are too many responses being marked as Answers when they DO NOT answer the OPs question. As for those stupid medals ... who cares ? <g>

MowGreen
================
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
================

banthecheck.com

  • Re: Brothers of the Briar...
    ... the previous subcontractor now being replaced by a second subcontractor who could not hack it, ... But you webmaster will be reverting to servers provided by the prior subcontractor, except they will be new bigger/better/faster machines. ... increase on your forums and our servers. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: RGP: Newsgroup VS Forum
    ... to provide multiple servers for everyone (although, ... that IS true - folks can subscribe to any of dozens of USENET ... certain there are a few forums out there big enough now that they are. ... A powerful communications tool that IS dying, ...
    (rec.games.pinball)
  • Re: Brothers of the Briar...
    ... increase on your forums and our servers. ... We bitterly regret that provider choice which currently and after ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Brothers of the Briar...
    ... the previous subcontractor now being replaced by a second ... But you webmaster will be reverting to servers provided by the ... provider for our servers. ... increase on your forums and our servers. ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Update - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
    ... including FP in its new forums. ... Some servers may follow Microsoft's lead and remove the groups from their servers, however, most wont. ... Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)