Re: Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community

JamesJ wrote:
Just an observation.
I subscribe to several web-based forums and find them very difficult to
navigate in and very difficult to find my post after a day or so.
So this idea that the content is easier to find by customers and search
engines through
improved indexing is a bit of a misnomer.
I'm sorry but I find NNTP browsing 100% easier.
I don't see the transition to web-based forums as a simply process as
some are making it out to be.

I know this is just my opinion. But I think the only advantage to
web-based forums ,
that I can see, is possibly better spam management.

I'll will definitely look into this NNTP bridge.

Thanks,
James

FWIW, I concur with your observation.

Try this NNTP bridge, James:

Community Forums NNTP bridge
http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/

MowGreen
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten

banthecheck.com

  • Re: Final Reminder - Microsoft Responds to the Evolution of Community
    ... Joan Archer ... I subscribe to several web-based forums and find them very difficult to ... navigate in and very difficult to find my post after a day or so. ... I'll will definitely look into this NNTP bridge. ...
  • Re: M$ Ending Open Discussion Newsgroups!
    ... John John - MVP wrote: ... posts you want to read, especially on slow, rural connections. ... Web-based forums are much easier to access and navigate, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)