Re: Login process has failed to create the security options dialog

I just thought I'd put in my two cents worth... I have been bugged by
this problem ever since I enabled my Sidebar in my Windows Gadgets in
Vista. I tried the chkdsk routine and it seemed to solve the problem
once. Then it came back and I got to thinking, the problem seemed to
coincide with my turning on the sidebar so why not turn it off and see
if that's it. So I did and haven't had a problem yet - and my computer
is running a lot faster! (of course it's only been 1 day but I think
that must have been it.)

My theory is that when I turned on the current weather feature which
requires a live internet connection to continuously update the weather,
it caused the problem when it could not connect (for reason's unrelated,
I have to switch my ethernet chord on my laptop rather frequently to
connect to two different networks and if I don't do an Ipconfig /renew
I'm sure it just sits there grinding away not able to connect).

Anyway, give it a try - it might work for you!

To disable it, goto the control panel, double-click 'Windows Sidebar...'
and uncheck 'Start Sidebar when Windows starts'

Good Luck!

Len.

--
Len Hannam
Len Hannam's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/223023.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: microsoft using linux?...not really!
    ... The Sidebar appeared in "Longhorn" (Windows Vista) builds as early as September 2002, and was originally intended to replace the notification area or Quick Launch toolbar in Windows, but these plans were scrapped ... Virtual WiFi, a WiFi adapter virtualizer ... Microsoft Research is not Microsoft the retailer. ...
  • Re: microsoft using linux?...not really!
    ... The Sidebar appeared in "Longhorn" (Windows Vista) builds as early as September 2002, and was originally intended to replace the notification area or Quick Launch toolbar in Windows, but these plans were scrapped ... Widget Engine) and the Dashboard widget engine first included with Apple Inc.'s Mac OS X v10.4, which had been released a few months earlier. ... Virtual WiFi, a WiFi adapter virtualizer ...
  • Re: Sidebar went missing
    ... Windows Desktop Experience ... The information in this mail/post is supplied "as is". ... If I have Go to Sidebar properties, ... regsvr32 -u sbdrop.dll ...
  • Re: Windows sidebar stopped working
    ... Find the Windows sidebar folder (under User ... delete all the gadget info (everything below ... Additional Info #2 & #4 with the gadget hashes? ...