Re: FIREWALL WONT TURN ON!!!

I have the same issue on Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit. It says windows
firewall is disabled. Windows Security Center tells me that Windows
Firewall is 'off'.
When I go to control panel and select the 'Firewall' icon. I get the
following message in the Windows Firewall pane:

" Windows Firewall is not using the recommended settings to protect your
computer. _What_are_the_recommended_settings_?"

And to the right of this statement is a selectable text that reads:
"_Update_Settings_Now_"

When I select "_Update_Settings_Now_" I get the followingpop-up message
window which reads: "Windows Firewall was unable to make the requested
updates."

I attempted the cmd 'netsh reset firewall" with no change.

Ideas?

--
TahquitzRock

  • Re: Guide to secure installtion of IIS 5
    ... don't forget a well-configured firewall. ... Do not put the computer onto the network or the Internet until after the ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ... Install all service packs and security fixes from Microsoft and otherwise ...
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... > tested on port 445. ... > I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... Secedit.exe is the name of a legitimate Windows file, ... investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with the latest updates ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... >> tested on port 445. ... >> I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... >investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with ... >windows and everything else. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
  • Re: password protection
    ... and cable] and should really consider Windows 2000 / XP. ... sure you're also running antivirus and firewall, ... Internet] to bypass this security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)