Re: Windows Defender
- From: GrtArtiste <grtartiste@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 15:14:51 -0700 (PDT)
On May 2, 3:53 pm, Brink <gu...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Microsoft Security Essentials is the replacement (correction) for
Windows Defender in Vista and Windows 7 to be used instead from
As far as a benefit, it's just another layer of security to help protect
you. Since not all scanners detect everything, it's usually best to have
a few layers to help detect something one of the others may not.
It's up to you, but you might give it a try to see how you like it. You
can always just uninstall later if you should decide to.
If MSE is an anti-virus, I'd have to uninstall Avira to use it...yes?
One wonders why anyone bothers to update WD and pretend that it's
still useful if MSE is being promoted as it's replacement
- Prev by Date: Re: Windows Defender
- Next by Date: Re: Application Data Security in ProgramData folder
- Previous by thread: Re: Windows Defender
- Next by thread: Re: Application Data Security in ProgramData folder