Microsoft Security Essentials - no menu item to open it

I'm using MS Essentials on Vista home premium. Somehow I have lost the menu
item (Start or Control Panel?) to start it. Security Center reports that
Essentials is running, but I cannot start a scan. All attempts at
reinstalling Essentials have failed.

(I used to use AVG, but after an unwanted upgrade to V9, the PC became
unuseable due to AVG processes taking all the processor resources).

What to do now?

Steve.

  • Re: Window defender not start
    ... I can manage startup programs how can I do it at MS Security ... After Installed Microsoft Security Essentials, the window defender could not ...
  • Re: OT: PC RAM question
    ... including whatever antivirus/firewall/etc it has - use MS Security ... I second security essentials. ... It's great on my 1GB netbook when Avast ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: OT: PC RAM question
    ... partition or DVD then uninstall all the shit that the "factory" put ... including whatever antivirus/firewall/etc it has - use MS Security ... I second security essentials. ...
    (uk.games.video.misc)
  • Re: windows live onecare
    ... The same engine is used in ALL; Malicious Software Removal Tool, OneCare and Security ... Essentials. ... The signature sets are not necessarily the same. ...
  • CISSP vs Security+
    ... essentials, and neither cover anything in very much depth. ... I know CISSP is supposed to be a BFD senior level professional gold ... and the Security+ is supposed to be for beginers. ... the material covered in either exam is about ...
    (comp.security.misc)