RE: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware

I too have this problem also a toshiba laptop running windows vista. I ran a
full scan with mcafee security and nothing has showed up. Unfortunately i
have forgotten to keep a back up disk! does anyone know another solution!?

"John" wrote:

I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. Vista Antivirus Pro has
appeared and is creating havoc on my system. Is anyone familiar with Vista
Antivirus Pro? I removed my laptop from my network and then I ran a boot
scan with Avast! It said that it removed a Trojan, but today, Vista
Antivirus Pro is back. I don't know what else to do.
--
John

  • Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
    ... I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. ... Vista Antivirus Pro has ... appeared and is creating havoc on my system. ...
  • Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
    ... We ended up reformatting and reinstalling Vista. ... Try HijackThis ... "John" wrote: ... Antivirus Pro malware. ...
  • Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
    ... neither one of them removed the Vista ... Antivirus Pro malware. ... Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the ...
  • Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
    ... Unfortunately you relied on this newsgroup and got only the idiot answers of people trying to sell you on lame software. ... "John" wrote in message ... neither one of them removed the> Vista ... Vista Antivirus Pro ...
  • Re: Dell gives trialware the heave-ho
    ... My brand new Vostro 1700 laptop which arrived Thursday contains all manner of crap (and, no, I'm not talking about Vista). ... Most notably McAfee Security Centre which keeps popping up an annoying "register now or later?" ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)