router question from dummy

Have high speed internet. Have a 3gbsdram. And I have a router that is a g.
Would I benefit as far as computer speed on the net with a router that is an n router. Also even though the computer says 802.11 a/g/n wireless I still would have to buy the the adapter that goes into the notebook?
I know nothing about routers and the fact we have a g router it doesn't have an adapter needed for the computer to work. Was wondering if that is the same case with a wireless n router? thanks

  • [SLE] Network setup question?
    ... I recently acquired high speed internet. ... I have a Linksys Broadband router ... speed installation process. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: wireless router question from a dummy
    ... "Bob" wrote in message ... Would I benefit as far as computer speed on the net with a router that is an n router. ... Also even though the computer says 802.11 a/g/n wireless I still would have to buy the the adapter that goes into the notebook? ...
  • Re: Print Server Question
    ... > Unfortunately I do not have access to high speed Internet and have to rely ... > on dial-up. ... > switch (not a router). ... I think you would have to ask the manufacturer of the print server how the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • IE unable to access some sites
    ... I have comcast high speed internet access and have an issue with IE ablity ... to hit some sites and not others. ... It isn't a router issue as we are on wireless and two out of three computers ...
  • Re: How do I find my Internet IP address
    ... I use high speed Internet connection ... >through my own router, ... Please post any reply as a follow-up message in the news group ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)