Re: what keys are "Net user administrator /active:yes"?

On 02/18/2010 10:25 AM, FromTheRafters wrote:
"ToddAndMargo"<ToddAndMargo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

[...]

"ToddAndMargo"<ToddAndMargo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi All,

I have a customer that lost/forgot/typo'ed her
password. Her Vista Home Edition Administrator's
account is disabled.

I can edit the registry with Bart PE. Can
someone tell me what registry key I need to edit
to accomplish what "Net user administrator /active:yes"
does?

This is not stored in the registry.

Accounts: Administrator account status under Computer
Configuration\Windows Settings\Local Policies\Security Options

http://download.microsoft.com/download/8/F/B/8FBD2E85-8852-45EC-8465-92756EBD9365/WindowsVistaGroupPolicySettings.xls

That would explain why I could not find anything despite
all the Googling ("Just Google it": the new RTFM) in the
world. Great link!

Thank you,
-T

  • Re: BSOD due to base????32
    ... Still gotta put together a Bart CD, ... the Registry, & 2) where am I looking to remove this offencer? ... In Regedit, highlight the HKEY_USERS key and go to File, Load Hive. ... where is the account you wish to modify. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: XP User Account Startup Config
    ... You can directly edit the Registry, ... resulting REG file, right-click the new REG file and Edit, then replace ... the Guest account should not start the same apps as the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: edit registry from BartPE
    ... a great while to edit the registry, ... Troubleshooting Windows XP ... > What in the world is Bart PE....To edit the registry in xp,boot to xp cd, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Editing the registry
    ... can anyone tell me how to edit the registry on a account that is ... > I wanted to hide the "search" facilty for a praticular user (THE CURRENT ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: edit registry from BartPE
    ... Malke wrote: ... used for a great while to edit the registry, ... yet again and did not find anything on editing the c: drive registry. ... If anyone knows were the link is to Bart PE's directions on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)