Re: Removing file name Kontiki

The way that I approached this problem (that I think is ok !) was to go
to ;
Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services
Then
Click Name column heading to order list by name
Look down the list for KService
Right-Click & Select Disable
ie - I did not try removing it I just turned it off as such.
Have had no problems since doing so.

--
SillyDog

  • Re: User passwords
    ... Go to Control Panel and open "Performance and Maintenance" ... Click "Administrative Tools" ... Double click "Computer Management" ... I have user accounts set up for each ...
  • Re: More on Windows CD writing.
    ... & another way to get to it is from the Control Panel. ... It's in the "Administrative Tools" Section. ... I think you might have a little PopUp Menu on your TaskBar ... Set to "Display as a Link" by Default, but you can have it Display ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: HELP NEEDED SQL _MSSMLBIZ
    ... the Services from Administrative Tools or Open a run command and type in: ... "deejaydee" wrote: ... When you talk about Services control panel do you mean the ... The configuration of the AdminConnection\TCP protocol in the SQL instance ...
  • Re: GPMC and Vista problem.
    ... I still have not got an answer to my original question though. ... Control panel, Administrative tools. ... control panel, or under Computer Management so where is it. ... In the first install it only updates the "software list" in the next ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: How do I do this simple thing on my home XP network?
    ... check the Local Security Policies ... >(Control Panel - ... >Administrative Tools). ... >local users authenticate as themselves". ...