Re: ESET 4.0 hijacked

brooke.waits;1647580 Wrote:
Something got in and hijacked my ESET security suite and basically took
over my entire computer. Almost all of my drivers are disabled and it
has control of pretty much every file. I used hijack to find the files,
and I notice the registry changes. It wont even let me run a virus scan
in safe mode. I was looking at the registry and although normally I
wouldn't go near it, I am just erasing the changes that were given to
the keys. Then I will try to run a virus scan again. What else can I do
to make sure everything is out? I have the scan logs as well, I just
wasn't sure where to put them. Thanks

Oh, and I am running Vista x64 home premium on an HPa6720f and I
thought I had virus protection from ESET, but you can see how that went.

--
brooke.waits

  • ESET 4.0 hijacked
    ... has control of pretty much every file. ... I used hijack to find the files, ... and I notice the registry changes. ... Then I will try to run a virus scan again. ...
  • Re: ESET 4.0 hijacked
    ... Reformat and do a clean install ... I used hijack to find the ... > and I notice the registry changes. ... Then I will try to run a virus scan again. ...
  • Re: China: H5N1 infected poultry -- symptomless
    ... I do not disagree with the idea that there is more to learn about this virus ... Not 1% of 50,000 birds taken over a wide area and time span. ... Their actions have seriously undermined the efforts of the other countries ... That assumes that any method of control is possible. ...
    (uk.business.agriculture)
  • Re: Cannot run regedit or taskmanager
    ... > parasite has overtaken all virus software and some hijack fixers. ... Take the infected machine off the Internet and any lan immediately. ... you'll get a Windows dialog box saying ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Government obstructions
    ... The materials of the affected Ebola ... I agree this is a controllable disease but they need to control it. ... the better chance the virus has to mutate to ... moving the family members out of the single apartment ...
    (rec.boats)