Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware

Hello John,

Try HijackThis
-=-

"John" wrote:

Thanks for the 2 links. Unfortunately, neither one of them removed the Vista
Antivirus Pro malware. Any other suggestions?

--
John

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

Use the following 2 free tools to get rid of it

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

--
Peter

"John" <jREMOVEcmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. Vista Antivirus Pro has
appeared and is creating havoc on my system. Is anyone familiar with Vista
Antivirus Pro? I removed my laptop from my network and then I ran a boot
scan with Avast! It said that it removed a Trojan, but today, Vista
Antivirus Pro is back. I don't know what else to do.
--
John

    ... Unfortunately you relied on this newsgroup and got only the idiot answers of people trying to sell you on lame software. ... "John" wrote in message ... neither one of them removed the> Vista ... Vista Antivirus Pro ...
  • Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
    ... We ended up reformatting and reinstalling Vista. ... Try HijackThis ... "John" wrote: ... Antivirus Pro malware. ...
  • Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware
    ... neither one of them removed the Vista ... Antivirus Pro malware. ... Download, install, run, update and perform a full scan with the ...
  • Re: xp isnt xp
    ... John wrote: ... New computer, one drive 64 bit vista, the other drive from the old ... The old xp won't boot so I tried to use my xp-pro disk to fix it. ... New computer was setup to boot Vista..you CANNOT just install ...
  • Re: Vista Business and Movie Maker
    ... John, you are a star. ... I am wrestling between a clean install and keep Vista or as you say, get ahead by going backwards and forsake the transparent border for some extra speed and functionality in XP Pro. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)