Re: Vista Antivirus Pro - malware

Thanks for the 2 links. Unfortunately, neither one of them removed the Vista
Antivirus Pro malware. Any other suggestions?

--
John

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

Use the following 2 free tools to get rid of it

SuperAntiSpyware
http://www.superantispyware.com/

MalwareBytes
http://www.malwarebytes.com/

--
Peter

"John" <jREMOVEcmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista. Vista Antivirus Pro has
appeared and is creating havoc on my system. Is anyone familiar with Vista
Antivirus Pro? I removed my laptop from my network and then I ran a boot
scan with Avast! It said that it removed a Trojan, but today, Vista
Antivirus Pro is back. I don't know what else to do.
--
John

  • Re: Vista sp1 update error 8007000 fixed....because I care
    ... nice post for those who need to install * Vista SP2 * ... Please download and run System Update Readiness Tool from the link below according to the System Type: ... System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista 32-bit ... please restart the computer and install Windows Vista SP1 again. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Vista Service Pack 1 has crashed IE8.
    ... Tried over-installing IE8 ... IE8 was "not compatible with my Vista 32"! ... Tried to download earlier versions... ... Clean boot again and install SP1, ...
  • Re: Office 2007 install fails with a setup cannot continue message
    ... I've uninstalled OneCare and tried yet another download - still same abort as soon as Setup tries. ... There is still no log file. ... Is Onecare shutdown when you're doing the install? ... Have you turned on/off any of the Vista 'features' for protecting installs? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • RE: KB942615 will not install; error code 80073712
    ... Premium, not Vista Ultimate.) ... I downloded the Windows Update Agent, but it wouldn't install. ... 'Download Progress' ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • RE: Clues for My failed updates?
    ... Since you have Vista, try this, you don't have nothing to loose ... This is the site for the original .NET download. ... I am using Windows Vista. ... Because of no confirmation or apparent real install activity, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)