Windows Defender-Startup Entry

I removed Windows Defender from the startup after disabling it. I want to put
the entry back into the registry key spo it will show up again in the startupo tab of msconfig
but I'm not sure where it resided.
I've re-enable it and in Servivces WD is set to Automatic but this did not
put the item back into the startup.
What is the path and the registry key that WD is in?

Thanks,
James

  • Re: Virus causing System32 folder to be opened at startup?
    ... If you have any Microsoft Office programs, ... Turn Off the Speech Recognition and Handwriting Recognition Features ... I ran msconfig but did not see anything unexpected under Startup ... but now the ctfmon.exe registry key is gone and the msconfig Startup ...
  • Re: Disabling Quicktime on Start Up
    ... That's what runs at startup that you ... > The option for Quicktime is unchecked in MSCONFIG. ... > registry key you mentioned and Quicktime isn't listed there either. ... >>Just run MsConfig and uncheck the entry for Quicktime. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Virus causing System32 folder to be opened at startup?
    ... I know the date the trojan was put on my computer as I run multiple security ... I ran msconfig but did not see anything unexpected under Startup ... Once I did this it disappeared from the msconfig Startup screen as expected. ... but now the ctfmon.exe registry key is gone and the msconfig Startup ...
  • RE: Virus causing System32 folder to be opened at startup?
    ... Some malware will come with their own backups to recreate it after it has ... I ran msconfig but did not see anything unexpected under Startup ... Once I did this it disappeared from the msconfig Startup screen as expected. ... but now the ctfmon.exe registry key is gone and the msconfig Startup ...
  • Re: msconfig Startup Files Need File ID Help
    ... If this bug has only the one executable file and one registry key and ... need a tool to get rid of it. ... > list.I had to use the startup Items file on Spybot Search ...