Re: Can't delete file in hidden folder even after changing owner

I have 64-bit, so unlocker didn't pop up when trying to delete the file.

"Brink" wrote:

If you are using a 32-bit Vista, then you might also see if the free
program "Unlocker" may be able to allow you to delete it.

'Unlocker - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET
Download.com'
(http://download.cnet.com/Unlocker/3000-2248_4-10493998.html)

Petrarch;1189595 Wrote:
"Brink" wrote:

Hello Petrarch,

Did you also "allow" your user account "Full Control" in the
permission
for the file. You can look at step 18 in Method Two of the tutorial
below for how if needed. You might also try doing this in Safe Mode.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/67717-take-ownership-file.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

Yes, I did. This is how I able to delete all the other files in the
same
folder. Full control was granted appropriately, ownership shows as my
username. I've done this in safe mode. I've run process explorer and
unlocker to see if the file was in use. The filename doesn't have any
special characters. It's biouser.ud5. Your link has some other tricks
try. I'll have to try those later when I get home from work.

As for installing a linux OS to delete the file, what's the smallest
fastest
one to use for this purpose?

--
Brink