Re: Windows Defender Switching off.

On Sun, 8 Nov 2009 18:14:04 +0530, jobe <jobe.41c3fb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Thanks for responding.

No special upgrade to windows vista, just the regular security
downloads that became available around the 4th of November.

The problem is you cant turn off WD without an error message coming up
every time you start the computer. Theres no option to delete WD
anywhere. Microsoft has decided that WD must run with windows vista or
you have to deal with error messages if you try to turn it off. They
have given you no choice. Its not serious but annoying. So Im stuck with
keeping WD running, and so I guess Ill find an antivirus program that
doesnt conflict with WD.

I`ve turned mine off , and no warning(s) .

  • Re: Windows Defender Switching off.
    ... No special upgrade to windows vista, ... downloads that became available around the 4th of November. ... The problem is you cant turn off WD without an error message coming up ...
  • RE: Fax Server Issue
    ... Error message when you try to send a fax by using the "Set priority: ... option in Windows Vista: "This message could not be sent. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... you may want to contact Microsoft CSS directly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Requesting for a solution
    ... the left pane, scroll down to general and make sure "ignore other applications" is not selected, if selected clear that checkmark. ... My OS is windows vista, and the OFFICE version is OFFICE 2007. ... Each time I open an excelby double clicking, there jumps out an error message box, saying,"Windows cannot find the file "...". ... However if I open EXCEL 2007 main project first and then open a file using "open" button, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: 0x0000000A IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    ... Technically, this error condition means that a kernel-mode process or driver tried to access a memory location to which it did not have permission, or at a kernel Interrupt ReQuest Level that was too high. ... STOP 0x0000000A Error Message When You Change from AC Power to DC Power Win XP ... Windows XP Restarts When You Try to Shut Down Your Computer ... Error Message When Installing Windows Vista on a Computer With More ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Simulink (Matlab 7.5) does not run on Vista
    ... solution on the Mathworks site that said to ensure that the ... I have installed Matlab 2007b on a platform of: ... - 64bit Windows Vista ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)