Re: Please help with this NTFS question...

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OER2813TKHA.5164@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LTCstudent wrote:
This is a question from my book that me my friend and I are struggling
with.

::*A user is assigned Read permission to the NTFS folder C:\ACCOUNTING.
They require full access to C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS. This can be
accomplished by:*
::
*A)* not possible

*B)* blocking permission inheritance at C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS and
assigning the user Full control to C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS

*C)* assigning the user Full control to C:\ACCOUNTING

*D)* blocking permission inheritance at C:\ACCOUNTING and assigning the
user Full control to C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS

*E)* assigning the user Full control to C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS

None of those answers are correct. A knowledgeable administrator will never give "Full Control" to an ordinary user. At the most, one one grant users "Modify" permissions.

--

Bruce Chambers

The problem with the "Modify" priv is that there are still a lot of programs that require Full Control, even for non administrative users. Given this real world restriction, E is the best answer.

Mike Ober.

  • Re: Please help with this NTFS question...
    ... *C)* assigning the user Full control to C:\ACCOUNTING ... *D)* blocking permission inheritance at C:\ACCOUNTING and assigning the ... The philosopher has never killed any priests, whereas the priest has killed a great many philosophers. ...
  • Saving a Workbook causes Errors
    ... I have a User Form with a Control Button for assigning the name & saving the ... can go to the directory they want to save the Workbook in and save it. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Inability to Move to next field
    ... allows the user to go back to the main switchboard. ... >> The autonumber isn't really my extreme problem. ... >>> Current event of the form, or in the Enter event of a control that is ... >>> assigning a value before it should be assigned. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: controls and variable
    ... the Set is necessary when assigning an object (as ... You can Dim the object ... > When you do not know what kind of control you will be ... >>dont worry i found out how to do it ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: controls and variable
    ... the Set is necessary when assigning an object (as ... When you do not know what kind of control you will be ... but, when you do know the control type, then use the ... >dont worry i found out how to do it ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)