Re: Please help with this NTFS question...

"Bruce Chambers" <bchambers@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OER2813TKHA.5164@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LTCstudent wrote:
This is a question from my book that me my friend and I are struggling
with.

::*A user is assigned Read permission to the NTFS folder C:\ACCOUNTING.
They require full access to C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS. This can be
accomplished by:*
::
*A)* not possible

*B)* blocking permission inheritance at C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS and
assigning the user Full control to C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS

*C)* assigning the user Full control to C:\ACCOUNTING

*D)* blocking permission inheritance at C:\ACCOUNTING and assigning the
user Full control to C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS

*E)* assigning the user Full control to C:\ACCOUNTING\FORMS

None of those answers are correct. A knowledgeable administrator will never give "Full Control" to an ordinary user. At the most, one one grant users "Modify" permissions.

--

Bruce Chambers

The problem with the "Modify" priv is that there are still a lot of programs that require Full Control, even for non administrative users. Given this real world restriction, E is the best answer.

Mike Ober.

.